Out and About
Burnside Lodge part of a small development of luxury lodges built around the edge of a lochan in the Strath of Appin.
The development is located on the B846 approximately 8 miles from the town of Aberfeldy and 6 miles from the village of Tummel Bridge.
The surrounding area offers the most striking scenery with mountains, glens, forests and moorlands all within easy reach.
The surrounding area offers a wide range of activities including white-water rafting, quad biking, clay pigeon shooting, paint-balling, fishing, golf and hill-walking. The fairy mountain of Schiehallion, Ben Lawers and Ben Vrackie are all close by. Lochs Tay, Tummel and Rannoch offer fishing and sailing. There is a local tourist information centre in Aberfeldy.
Places of interest nearby include the town of Pitlochry with it’s famous fish ladder and Festival Theatre, the village of Blair Atholl and Blair Castle, the shopping heaven of House of Bruar, the fair city of Perth and “Highland Adventure Safaris at Dull” and “Highland Walks“.
This part of Perthshire offers a great variety of interesting places to visit :-
- Fortingall – location of possibly the oldest tree in Europe. Next to hotel and church. (5 miles).
- Castle Menzies – 16th. Century castle. (6 miles).
- Scottish Crannog Centre – near Kenmore. (6 miles).
- Mains of Taymouth – restaurant, shop and delicatessen, Kenmore.
- The House of Bruar – shopping heaven and restaurant on the A9 just north of Blair Atholl. (20 miles).
- Dewar’s World of Whisky, Aberfeldy, – guide tours and small café.
- The Watermill, Aberfeldy – award-winning bookshop and café.
- Tay Forest Park – Queen`s View and many walks throughout the park.
- Blair Castle – historic castle and gardens, Blair Atholl.
- Pitlochry – picturesque town with famous fish ladder, festival theatre and new visitor centre.
And things to do:-
- Hill walking – Schiehallion, Ben Vrackie and Ben Lawers are all close by.
- Golf – courses at Aberfeldy, Mains of Taymouth, Pitlochry, to name but a few!
- Fishing – on the Tay and in Lochs Tay, Tummel and Rannoch.
- White Water Rafting – ‘Splash’ and ‘Beyond Adventure’ (Aberfeldy), and ‘Nae Limits’ (Ballinluig).
- Highland Safaris – various activities, based near Dull.
- Horse Riding and Pony Trekking – Mains of Taymouth.
- Stunt horse riding –‘ Riders of the Storm’, near Ballinluig.
- Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool – Breadalbane Community Campus, Aberfeldy.